Rogue's Blog
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You Are: Guest. Your Post Count Is: 0. Welcome to the only blog where the whole truth will exist.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A Year Apart

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Rogue Fighter
Admin
Rogue Fighter

Location : In Scarolina... because here, Halloween is a year-round event.

A Year Apart Empty
PostA Year Apart

Spoiler:

On October 15th, 2011, I lost my dearest friend to cancer. The guy I had dated for over two years. The friend I had always wanted. The one person I would do anything to get back, or before then, to have healed.

Below, I have written a letter followed by spoilers containing poems and pictures. Please feel free to skip the letter and go straight to the poems and pictures... I apologize, my own pictures were accidentally erased.

Guest commenting is enabled. You MAY post pictures in the comments if you so desire; however, please note that they must be in BBC code ( [img*][/img] ) to show up!!

To display spoilers, please click the word "spoiler".

~~~~~

Dear Wesley,

I remember the day I met you. It was February 12, 2009. It was a Thursday. It was around 9.00 am, and I was sitting in Ms. Stephen's class. She was rearranging seating assignments. We got along right away, just being out nerdy selves. Yes, I remember that exactly. I remember the day you asked me out, a week later. Thursday, February 19, 2009. I remember going to JC's Avatar with you on December 20th, 2009, and Percy Jackson: TLT on Valentine's day.

When I moved, everything was a blur. I remember little of it now... aside from the pain at leaving you. I, like my brothers, did not want to move... I never told this to my mom.

The days have flown by over the past year, and you have not faded in my mind, as have the others I have known. The only thing I cannot remember is the sound of your voice... Your face remains clear in my mind. I still feel your hand on my shoulder when I am upset.

The day you died, I know where I was. I had been looking forward to October 15, 2011. A favorite author of mine was visiting the local library. In fact, this photo still remains on my home site:
Spoiler:

Had I known you would die that day, I would never have wanted it to come.

Your number is still saved into my phone, the necklace you gave me I still wear everyday. The bracelet you gave me for Valentine's Day last year is sitting locked in the safe under my college bed. I still wear it.

The memories I have of time spent with you will never go away, nor will the memory of your face. The times I spent with you were the best I've ever had. I would not trade my time with you for the world... unless it meant you could return, healed, to walk again. You were my soulmate... you were the one who changed my life... you helped me through when I found out I had autism. You never let anything tear you done, no matter what, until you passed on. You were so brave until the end... You were strong and never let your pain show, something I will admire until I, too, pass on. You left a lasting mark in the hearts of everyone you knew, one of a survivor, one of a person who would never let their weakness get the better of them emotionally. You may be gone, but you live on...

I love you. I miss you.
I would do anything to have you alive again.
Roguette

~~~~~

POEMS AND PICTURES

This (poem)
Spoiler:

High school picture
Spoiler:

Entry 1 (poem)
Spoiler:

Hospital
Spoiler:

Entry 2 (poem)
Spoiler:

The Funeral...
Spoiler:

Missing Sol (poem)
Spoiler:

~~~~~

Nothing can change what has happened. But that's not to say what's happened can't change the future.

Roguette out
NaNoWriMo 2012

Copyright Information:
This, Entry 1, Entry 2, and Missing Sol belong to Symbi Aya Jay.
A Year Apart 88x31
"This" by Symbi Aya Jay is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License. (The Creative Commons license covers all of her work with that license type, not just one poem.)
Pictures of Wesley belong to respective owners, namely the Seevers family. (Used without consent.)
Picture of Cinda Williams Chima property of Symbi Aya Jay.

Back to top Go down
http://roguesblog.fanfoot.org
Share this post on: reddit

A Year Apart :: Comments

No Comment.

A Year Apart

Page 1 of 1